Around the world, we aim to give back to the community by channeling our efforts through the following:
Flight Centre Foundation
The Flight Centre Foundation is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited’s charitable trust that allows the company, our employees and extended Flight Centre family to give back to our community. Funds raised via the Foundation are passed directly to our partner charities – Foodbank, Redkite, Youngcare and Bush Heritage – to continue their invaluable work.
FCM as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), helped to donate a total of $962,000 in the 2013/2014 period, including:
- Foodbank $154k
- Bush Heritage $220k
- Redkite $145k
- Emergency Assistance $27k
- Youngcare $145k
- Duke of Edinburgh Award $262k
This is our global project that helps support local communities. We have a vast range of FCM Care initiatives in place around the world with our volunteers travelling to places such as Philippines, Cambodia, Nepal and India to help build vital infrastructure.
As part of the initiative, FCM has partnered with Habitat for Humanity, an international organisation that builds and renovates houses to provide needy families with more secure, earthquake and fire resistant homes. For each project, our FCM volunteers work alongside Habitat for Humanity partners to construct homes for disadvantaged families.
FCM Corporate Innovator
This program is designed to invest in our leaders of tomorrow. It includes our support for local entrepreneurs and business initiatives, including training colleges, educational programs and corporate awards.
FCM Sustainable Futures
FCM shares the growing worldwide concern for our environment. Through FCM Sustainable Futures, we play an active role in protecting local natural resources, with our activities ranging from tree planting to carbon emission offset programs. FCM Sustainable Futures also includes the day-to-day actions that uphold FCM's environmental policy.
FCM's Environmental Policy
In all parts of the world, FCM Travel Solutions values its natural and urban environments. Sound environmental practices form an important part of our sustainable development policy and we are committed to protecting our surrounding environs in our day-to-day operations.
We aim to nurture a corporate culture in which all members of our global family respect the environment, and play a willing role in our protection of the environment.
In addition, FCL is actively working to reduce energy usage by:
- Using sensor lighting in all head office locations
- Installing energy efficient lighting in new tenancy areas, including open plan offices and meeting rooms
- Minimising after hours air-conditioning use
- Installing blinds to minimise cooling and heating costs
- Installing multi purpose devices to reduce the number of appliances in use
- Having automatic switch off time clocks for all signage
- Encouraging staff to switch-off appliances and equipment when not in use; and
- Procuring energy efficient appliances to replace existing stock
- Taking significant steps to reduce waste through recycling and waste reduction