Air France-KLM has increased the fee for check-in baggage on economy flights in Europe by €5.
The fee increase, which came in last month saw the charge per-one-way trip rising to €25 when purchased online and €35 when purchased at the airport.
Members of the carriers Flying Blue programme receive discounts on these charges, though in the case of the lowest tier level – Ivory, the discount has been reduced and applies only to KLM flights (not Air France flights).
The increase of the baggage fee does not apply to:
- Flying Blue Elite and Elite Plus members, who will continue to benefit from a baggage allowance of 2 items of check-in baggage.
- Passengers travelling on and/or transferring to KLM intercontinental flights, who can bring 1 suitcase of max. 23 kg free of charge.
- Fully flexible tickets (booking class B, M or Y) within Europe.
- European Economy Class tickets booked with Award Miles (award tickets).
- Flights to and from Belarus, Georgia, Russia or Ukraine.